We offer tailored support to young carers aged 5-25 years and their families through understanding and valuing young people’s roles, whilst empowering and inspiring them to fulfil their full potential.
Services are aimed at 5-18yr old young carers and include; 2 weekly youth clubs, 1:1 confidential life coaching, tailored family support, peer mentoring and flexible support in schools.
Thursdays 3:30-5:30, at Starbucks in Sutton Coldfield
Saturdays 1:00- 3:30, Y@fosseway, Fosseway Drive, Erdington, B23 5LD.
Find us on Facebook: Release Young Carers project
Find us on Twitter: @ReleaseSCYMCA
Contact Aphra on 0121 354 5614
This service offers personalized support for young adult carers aged 18-25 years, supporting them with current and future aspirations. Services include;
- flexible 1-1 meetings with key worker
- Group Work workshops
- Respite opportunities
- Take part in peer support and online groups
- Undertake online training
- Access information that other Young Adult Carers have found useful
Contact – Alan Burrows on 0121 354 5614
In addition to the above we offer the following:
- Targeted Family Support -intensive young career centred family support, assessments and multi agency response/ referrals and life coaching
- Respite opportunities – trips and outings in school holidays and short breaks
- School engagement programme – flexible one-to-one young carer support, drop-ins, peer-to-peer mentoring, upskilling teachers and raising awareness of young carers issues, early identification.